A VISA to Vietnam can be applied for by mail or in person at the Embassy of Vietnam as early as six months prior to the date of travel.
The applicant must submit:
1. Original PASSPORT (which requires at least 01 month validity prior the date of exit from Vietnam and/or 06 month validity to meet airlines’ requirements). You can request for a loose-leaf visa, then a copy of passport (photo and personal detail pages) may be submitted instead of the original passport.
2. Application form The form must be completed, signed and attached with 01 original photo (2x 2in) . In case of a loose-leaf-visa request, 01 additional photo must be stapled to the form. If the applicant has already got A visa approval, she/he may write the reference number on the top of the form. For anyone who comes to Vietnam for less than 3 months and does not have visa approval, just leave “visa approval number” blank and the Embassy will take care of it. Additional processing fees for visa approval may be required
3. Visa fees must be in the form of MONEY ORDER, or CASHIER’S CHECK, or CERTIFIED CHECK payable to “THE EMBASSY OF VIETNAM.” Applicants applying together may submit combined payment in one money order or certified check. Fee for stamping visa can be checked at Consular Fee. Other current fees (such as visa approval arrangement fee, processing fee, shipping, handling and expedite services) may be checked at by us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once visa has been applied, the fee is NOT refundable.
4. A prepaid return envelope, if the applicant requests the visa be returned by mail. Please use USPS - United States Postal Service (prepaid postage stamp envelope or return label bought online at www.usps.com) or prepaid return FedEx label (bought online at www.fedex.com. For your documents’ safety, the Embassy advices to use USPS Express Mail or FedEx with the tracking numbers. In case the package is lost, applicants is fully responsible for the problems that may occur
Applicants applying together may provide one envelope for visas to be returned to the same address
II/ Processing Time: Five business days are required to process visa applications with approval. Expedited processing requires one to two business days after the Embassy has received the application (additional fee required)
Note: Please keep the tracking numbers of the envelopes to and from the Embassy. When the above deadlines have passed, use the tracking number to check with the mailing service first. Please do not make telephone inquires on the status of your application (make sure that you keep your passport number for this request) until after the 3rd business day for an expedited case and the 7th business day for a regular case. The Embassy will be closed on Saturday, Sunday, Vietnamese and US holidays 2011. Please take account of the observed holidays in planning for your visa application and travel. In addition, no mail can be delivered at the Embassy during weekends and holidays
For further information, please contact us
Opening hours: 8:00 – 17:30 Monday through Saturday.
Phone: (+844) 3935 1666
* Applicant is responsible for checking accurate information on visa being issued by the Embassy. In case of mistakes, please contact us immidiately for correction. Otherwise, applicant is fully responsible for the mistakes
* In case of emmergency, pls call: (+84) 9 88 099 093