Duration: 3 days.
Day 1: ROLUOS GROUP – BIG CIRCUIT ( L / D)
- You will be met at airport by professional tour guide and transferred from airport to the hotel.
- Visit Roluos Group, dating from the late ninth century. In Roluos Group you will visit three temples: Bakong, the first temple-mountain in Khmer architecture initiated by Jayavarman II on his discent from Kulen hill; Preh Ko, which means in Khmer “The sacred ox”, the funerary of Jayavarman II and of the ancestors of his second successor, Indravarman; Lolei, the last brick temple in the group located on an island in the middle of the Indratataka – a large ancient reservoir. – Visit local market and Wat Bo Buddhist pagoda.
- Lunch at local restaurant. Afternoon, visit Pre Rup temple, a classic example of temple-mountain, and the last without continuous galleries; Eastern Mebon, Ta som, Neak Pean, a unique ancient hospital built in the reign of king Jayavarman VI (1181-1220) which has been seen as a representation of Anavatapta, a miraculous lake in Himalayas that cures all illnesses; and Preah Khan, a large temple built on the site of battle that ended in Ankor’s downfall at the land of the Cham. Preah Khan was also really a kind of university, housing a number of masters and students.
- Dinner at local restaurant. – Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 2: ANGKOR WAT – ANGKOR THOM (B / L / D)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Visit Angkor wat, the most balanced, the most harmonious, and the most perfect Khmer temple. It shows Khmer art, which reached the height of it glory in the 12th century. The temple was built by king Suryavrman II and dedicated to god Vishnu.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Afternoon, visit south gate of Angkor Thom with two rows of its huge statues of demons and gods depicting the churning of the ocean of milk arranged on both sides of stone bridge and Bayon temple, a forest of heads, built in late by king Jayavarman VI as a Buddhist state temple. Then, visit terrace of elephant, which used to be a base for the king’s grand audience hall; Terrace of Leper king supposed that it was a terrace housed the royal crematory.
- Climb Bakheng hill to have bird’s-eye view of sunset, Angkor Wat and western Baray.
- Dinner with APSARA traditional show at local restaurant – Overnight in Siem Reap